QR Code Link to This Post
Mechanical Design Engineer
Direct Hire-Opportunity, Peoria
Volt Technical Resources is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for our client who is an industry leader in their industry. This is a career opportunity for their Peoria, Illinois location.
The Design Engineer II designs and develops engineered solutions for our customers’ material movement requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes customers’ requirements and develops cost effective design solutions.
- Collaborates with the sales team to develop conceptual design prints and renderings.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Utilizes Creo software to produce 3D models and prints (preferred) or Solidwork, catia, Pro e or inventor combo.
- Hands-on Operations & Sales support including, but not limited to: tool design, manufacturing / weld sequencing, pallet design, and shipping procedures
- Design for manufacturability while understanding machine and material capabilities and to utilize that knowledge to design for cost effective manufacturing processes
- Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or
- Associate’s degree in engineering or related field with 5+yrs experience
- 1-2 years of design from scratch 3D Experience
- Hands on manufacturing experience with machinery or interacting with manufacturing shop on design applications.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
My client offers fantastic benefits and growth opportunities!
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer